Empowering Emerging Math Coaches *online* (Coaching Part 1)
October 1 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
Are you at the start of your journey as a math coach?
Are you an instructional coach who is new to coaching mathematics?
The emerging coaches workshop series is designed to help coaches investigate how to provide optimal learning opportunities for students while supporting teachers in their instruction. During this online workshop series, participants will utilize coaching skills and the coaching cycle while connecting standards and teaching to opportunities and outcomes for each and every student. Emerging coaches will build their repertoire of coaching strategies with the goal of developing mathematically proficient students.
Learn more about:
- Identifying what the Standards for Mathematical Practice look like in action
- Understanding critical standards progressions in mathematics
- Examining shifts in classroom practice and their impact on student understanding
- Supporting teachers implementing high-leverage teaching practices in mathematics
Join us and learn the ways in which coaches can positively impact student learning of mathematics.
Empowering Emerging Math Coaches *online* (Coaching Part I)
- Thursday, October 1, 2020
- Tuesday, November 3, 2020
- Friday, December 4, 2020
- Tuesday, January 13, 2021
- Thursday, February 11, 2021
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021
Workshop Times: 8:00 – 11:00am CDT
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $25. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a processing fee of $25. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
This workshop will be capped at 30 participants. The deadline to register is September 28, 2020.
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***
Course Credit: This workshop is available for university credit through our partnership with the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
- This workshop will be offered for 2-3 undergraduate or graduate credits.
- The cost per credit is $202 per undergraduate credit and $395 per graduate credit. (*pricing subject to change.)