Focus on Fall: Planning for Success
July 12 @ 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Focus on Fall: Planning for Success
Online Course Dates: July 12 – 30, 2021
- $500 – Register by December 31, 2020
- $550 – January 1, 2021 – March 31, 2021
- $650 – Register after March 31, 2021
This school year was anything but traditional and next fall “back-to-school” will present a new set of challenges. Even as we continue to plan meaningful learning to finish out this school year, so many questions loom about what’s next.
- How do we make up for lost time and unfinished learning?
- What challenges can we anticipate and plan for?
None of us knows what the future holds; what we do know is how to connect with students and support them to learn and grow.
This three-week online course is designed to help you navigate how to head back to school in the fall, leveraging your strengths and the strengths of your students as you consider what mathematics instruction will look like, whether it’s face-to-face, remote, or hybrid. Throughout the course you will explore and analyze your current curricular materials to plan instruction that keeps grade-level learning as a top priority and focuses on moving students forward, using equitable instructional practices to make sure that all learners have opportunities for success.
While we can’t control what school looks like, we know we are flexible, resilient, and willing to face challenges head-on to do what we can to support students. We hope that you’ll join us for this course, as we work together to continue to make mathematics learning meaningful.
- Empower you to use current math materials to integrate unfinished learning coherently within grade-level expectations
- Consider a variety of instructional models (e.g., face-to-face, synchronous/asynchronous, digital/print) and how to plan for meaningful learning in any situation
- Connect and collaborate with a virtual professional learning community to prepare for fall
This 3-week course will energize you for the upcoming school year! Each week, we will connect through live meetings and a virtual platform to check in and connect at the times that work best for each of us. This course is all about you and your curricular resources!
- Participate in a 45-minute introductory session
- Engage in weekly 2-hour live, synchronous sessions via Zoom
- Participate in weekly online asynchronous coursework (6-8 hours) within your grade band, which includes posting on discussion boards, reacting to readings, providing feedback to fellow participants, and reflective responses to discussion posts via Schoology
Synchronous Session Schedule:
- Monday, July 12, 2:00-2:45 pm CDT
- Wednesday, July 14, 9:00-11:00 am CDT
- Wednesday, July 21, 9:00-11:00am CDT
- Wednesday, July 28, 9:00-11:00am CDT
Course ends Friday, July 30, 2021.
Course Credit: This workshop is available for university credit through our partnership with the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
- This workshop will be offered for 3 graduate or undergraduate credits. Additional coursework will be provided based upon the credit option chosen.
- The cost per credit is $202 per undergraduate credit and $395 per graduate credit. (*pricing subject to change.)
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made within 48 hours of this event are non-refundable.
The deadline to register is July 7, 2021.
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***