IM 6-12 Math Academy
August 12 @ 8:30 am - August 13 @ 3:30 pm
IM 6-12 Math Academy
(IM 6-12 Math: Teach & Learn Days 1 & 2)
Workshop Dates: August 12 & 13, 2021
Workshop Times: 8:30am – 3:30pm CDT
Location: Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin
W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway, Suite 100
Waukesha, WI 53188
Cost: $1000 Includes light breakfast and lunch.
Two-Day Introduction to the IM 6-12 Curriculum
During this two-day curriculum launch event, teachers and coaches will be guided by an IM Certified facilitator as they gain first-hand experience and fluency with the IM Math Curriculum.
- Describe the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component
- Locate teacher and student resources in the curriculum.
- Describe multiple opportunities for assessment and their purposes.
- Describe what instructional routines are and how they are used in the curriculum.
- Strengthen questioning strategies through planning.
- Describe how the math language routines provide options to support language development for all students.
- Locate resources and opportunities to support access for English learners and students with disabilities.
- Recognize the progression of understanding across the unit and how it is assessed.
- Describe a process that helps make visible the mathematical story during unit and lesson planning.
- Recognize classroom norms that make problem-based lessons successful.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $25. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a processing fee of $25. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
*Courses may not run if enrollment is less than 10 participants. In the case of low enrollment refunds will be issued.
The deadline to register is August 8, 2021.
Need to register by check?
Print the registration form in the link below and email or mail it with your payment.
Mail: Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***