IM 6-12 Math: Teach & Learn
August 9 @ 8:30 am - August 10 @ 3:30 pm
During this two-day curriculum launch event, teachers and coaches will be guided by an IM Certified facilitator as they gain first-hand experience and fluency with the IM Math Curriculum.
- Describe the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component
- Locate teacher and student resources in the curriculum.
- Describe multiple opportunities for assessment and their purposes.
- Describe what instructional routines are and how they are used in the curriculum.
- Strengthen questioning strategies through planning.
- Describe how the math language routines provide options to support language development for all students.
- Locate resources and opportunities to support access for English learners and students with disabilities.
- Recognize the progression of understanding across the unit and how it is assessed.
- Describe a process that helps make visible the mathematical story during unit and lesson planning.
- Recognize classroom norms that make problem-based lessons successful.
IM 6-12 Math – Teach & Learn
Dates: August 9 & 10, 2022
Times: 8:30am-3:30pm CDT
Location: Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin
W233N2080 Ridgeview Parkway, Suite 100
Waukesha, WI 53188
Cost: $1000 Includes light breakfast and lunch.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
The deadline to register is August 2, 2022.
*Workshop may not run if enrollment is less than 15 participants. In the event of a cancellation due to low enrollment full refunds will be issued.*