IM 6-12 Math: Teach & Learn
August 1 @ 8:30 am - August 2 @ 3:30 pm
How can educators implement IM Math, a problem-based curriculum, building towards a world where all learners know, use, and enjoy mathematics? This two-day implementation event is designed to get educators ready to teach and learn within problem-based classrooms where student thinking is front and center. This series gives educators first-hand experience with and confidence in using the IM Math curriculum.
- Identify opportunities for students to learn mathematical ideas through the experience of solving problems.
- Describe the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component.
- Recognize teacher moves that support problem-based learning.
- Describe teacher moves that build a positive inclusive mathematical community.
- Describe an instructional routine.
- Describe how instructional routines create space for students to: play with mathematical ideas/ learn math by solving problems/ learn by collaborating with each other/ listen, respond to, and value each other’s thinking
- Prepare an instructional routine.
- Locate resources and opportunities to enhance access and challenge for all students.
- Make decisions about when and how to use the suggested strategies for English learners and students with disabilities.
- Recognize the value of co-constructing norms to build a positive inclusive mathematical community.
- Recognize the progression of understanding across the unit and how it is assessed.
- Begin to plan a unit and a lesson using the progression of understanding; using student thinking to drive learning.
- Trust the curriculum.
Target Audience: Educators who are about to implement IM 6-12 Math
Additional Audiences: Coaches, Principals, paraeducators, and others supporting IM implementation
IM 6-12 Math – Teach & Learn
Dates: August 1 & 2, 2023
Times: 8:30am-3:30pm CDT
Location: Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin
W233N2080 Ridgeview Parkway, Suite 100
Waukesha, WI 53188
Cost: $1000 Includes light breakfast and lunch.
REFUND POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
To request a refund email Sherry Bucholtz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Refund requests will be responded to within five (5) business days.
*Workshop may not run if enrollment is less than 15 participants. In the event of a cancellation due to low enrollment full refunds will be issued.*
The deadline to register is July 27, 2023.