IM 6-8 Math: Teach & Learn *Virtual*
June 21 @ 9:00 am - June 23 @ 11:15 am
During this online curriculum launch event, teachers and coaches will be guided by an IM certified facilitator as they gain first-hand experience and fluency with the IM Math curriculum.
- Describe the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component
- Locate teacher and student resources in the curriculum.
- Describe multiple opportunities for assessment and their purposes.
- Describe what instructional routines are and how they are used in the curriculum.
- Strengthen questioning strategies through planning.
- Describe how the math language routines provide options to support language development for all students.
- Locate resources and opportunities to support access for English learners and students with disabilities.
- Recognize the progression of understanding across the unit and how it is assessed.
- Describe a process that helps make visible the mathematical story during unit and lesson planning.
- Recognize classroom norms that make problem-based lessons successful.
**Due to the interactive nature of this virtual session and copyrights on the materials recordings are not available.**
IM 6-8 Math – Teach & Learn
Dates: June 21-23, 2022
- Session 1 – June 21, 2022 – 9:00-11:15am CDT
- Session 2 – June 21, 2022 – 12:45-3:00pm CDT
- Session 3 – June 22, 2022 – 9:00-11:15am CDT
- Session 4 – June 23, 2022 – 9:00 – 11:15am CDT
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
The deadline to register is June 17, 2022.
*Workshop may not run if enrollment is less than 15 participants. In the event of a cancellation due to low enrollment full refunds will be issued.*