IM K-5 Math: Teach & Learn *Virtual*
August 11 @ 9:00 am - August 12 @ 2:00 pm
What is a problem based curriculum and how do I implement it in my classroom? In this session, teachers will explore the design structure of the IM curriculum and lesson plan. They will experience a lesson, practice and rehearse content and language routines, explore various supports, understand assessment materials and begin to use student thinking as a vehicle for productive planning. After this training, teachers will be ready to begin using the IM K–5 Curriculum effectively in their classrooms.
- Articulate how the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component helps thread the key mathematical ideas through the lesson
- Locate pertinent teacher and student resources in various partner digital and print materials
- Summarize the structure and value of instructional routines.
- Math Content Routines
- Mathematical Language Routines
- Facilitate a mathematical content routine and describe strategies for successful implementation.
- Explain how practice opportunities, centers, and language supports can be used with students at different stages of readiness.
- Articulate an asset-focused approach to analyzing student work centered on learning goals.
- Identify opportunities to assess student understanding and progress toward learning goals: during a lesson, at the beginning and end of the unit, across the unit
**Due to the interactive nature of this virtual session and copyrights on the materials recordings are not available.**
IM K-5 Math – Teach & Learn
Dates: August 11 & 12, 2022
Times: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM CDT
- Session 1 (9:00-11:00am CDT) All participants K-5
- Session 2 (12:00 – 2:00pm CDT) All participants K-5
- Session 3 (9:00-11:00am CDT) K-2 participants
- Session 4 (12:00 – 2:00pm CDT) 3-5 participants
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
The deadline to register is August 8, 2022.
*Workshop may not run if enrollment is less than 15 participants. In the event of a cancellation due to low enrollment full refunds will be issued.*