IM K-5 Math: Teach & Learn *Virtual*
August 11 @ 9:00 am - August 12 @ 2:00 pm
What is a problem-based curriculum and how do I implement it in my classroom? This online implementation event is designed to familiarize teachers with the problem-based lesson structure used in the IM K–5 Math™️ curriculum, and to explore specific resources in the materials to support this implementation. Teachers will experience a lesson, investigate and reflect on content and language routines, explore various supports, understand assessment materials, and begin to use student thinking as a vehicle for productive planning. After this training, teachers will be ready to begin using IM K–5 Math in their classrooms.
- Articulate the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component in helping to thread key mathematical ideas.
- Leverage the structures in the curriculum to invite and engage all students in grade-level math.
- Understand the significance of a problem-based math community.
- Navigate the partner platform to find and explore a grade-level lesson plan.
- Summarize the structure and value of instructional routines.
- Mathematical Language Routines
- Math Warm-up Routines
- Describe strategies for successful implementation of Math Warm-up Routines.
- Explain the components within and outside of the lesson plan that support all learners.
- Articulate an asset-focused approach to analyzing student work connected to learning goals.
- Identify opportunities to assess student understanding and progress toward learning goals:
- during a lesson
- at the beginning and end of the unit
- across the unit
- Describe how centers are organized and the role they play in supporting fluency goals.
Audience: Educators who have adopted IM K-5 Math and are getting ready for implementation.
**Due to the interactive nature of this virtual session and copyrights on the materials recordings are not available.**
IM K-5 Math – Teach & Learn
Dates: August 11 & 12, 2022
Times: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM CDT
- Session 1 (9:00-11:00am CDT) All participants K-5
- Session 2 (12:00 – 2:00pm CDT) All participants K-5
- Session 3 (9:00-11:00am CDT) K-2 participants
- Session 4 (12:00 – 2:00pm CDT) 3-5 participants
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
The deadline to register is August 8, 2022.
*Workshop may not run if enrollment is less than 15 participants. In the event of a cancellation due to low enrollment full refunds will be issued.*