- This course has passed.
IM K-5 Math Virtual Academy
June 16 @ 9:00 am - June 17 @ 2:30 pm
IM K-5 Math Virtual Academy **sold out**
(IM K-5 Math: Teach & Learn Days 1 & 2)
Dates: June 16 & 17, 2021
Time: 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM CDT
What is a problem based curriculum and how do I implement it in my classroom? In this session, teachers will explore the design structure of the IM curriculum and lesson plan. They will experience a lesson, practice and rehearse content and language routines, explore various supports, understand assessment materials and begin to use student thinking as a vehicle for productive planning. After this training, teachers will be ready to begin using the IM K–5 Curriculum effectively in their classrooms.
- Articulate how the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component helps thread the key mathematical ideas through the lesson
- Locate pertinent teacher and student resources in various partner digital and print materials
- Summarize the structure and value of instructional routines.
- Math Content Routines
- Mathematical Language Routines
- Facilitate a mathematical content routine and describe strategies for successful implementation.
- Explain how practice opportunities, centers, and language supports can be used with students at different stages of readiness.
- Articulate an asset-focused approach to analyzing student work centered on learning goals.
- Identify opportunities to assess student understanding and progress toward learning goals: during a lesson, at the beginning and end of the unit, across the unit
- Session 1 (9:00-11:00am CDT) All participants K-5
- Session 2 (12:00 – 2:00pm CDT) All participants K-5
- Session 3 (9:00-11:00am CDT) K-2 participants
- Session 4 (12:00 – 2:00pm CDT) 3-5 participants
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made within 48 hours of this event are non-refundable.
This workshop will be capped at 50 participants (25 per grade band). The deadline to register is June 11, 2021.
*Courses may not run if enrollment is less than 6 participants. In the case of low enrollment refunds will be issued.*
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***