IM Learning™ Instructional Academy – IM 6-8 Math
June 23 @ 8:30 am - June 24 @ 3:30 pm
Workshop Dates: June 23 – 24, 2020
Workshop Times: 8:30am – 3:30pm
Location: Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin
W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway, Suite 100
Waukesha, WI 53188
Cost: $1000 Includes light breakfast and lunch.
Two-Day Introduction to the 6-8 Curriculum
During this two-day event, participants will be guided by an IM Certified facilitator to gain first-hand experience and fluency with the IM curricula.
Participants will understand:
- the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component
- where to find teacher and student resources in the curriculum
- the purposes of different curriculum assessments and where to find opportunities for assessment
- how instructional supports and extensions are used throughout the curriculum
- the purpose of math content routines
- the 5 Practices framework for productive discussion and how the framework supports teachers in their planning
- the purpose of math language routines and how the routines support mathematical language development
- a process for planning to teach a lesson in Unit 1 and how the activities in a lesson are connected to the learning goal
- the importance of norms in a problem-based classroom and considerations for establishing norms in the classroom
- Problem-based lesson structure
- Math Content Routines
- 5 Practices
- Math Language Routines
- Teaching Unit 1
- Classroom Norms
Optional Add-on: Virtual Unit Overviews
(8 sessions per grade level – 2 hours per session)
Cost: $600 per grade level
Virtual unit overviews support teachers to make effective instructional decisions such as engaging students, effective questioning, pacing, formative assessment and differentiation, through making visible the big ideas and coherence within a unit, and how understanding the trajectory of learning goals across lesson supports effective planning. These trainings will be scheduled approximately once per month throughout the school year.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $25. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a processing fee of $25. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
*Courses will not run if enrollment is less than 6 participants. In the case of low enrollment refunds will be issued.
This workshop will be capped at 32 participants. The deadline to register is June 16, 2020.
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***