- This course has passed.
IM Learning™ VIRTUAL Instructional Academy (IM 6 -12 Math)
August 5 @ 9:00 am - August 6 @ 3:00 pm
IM Learning™ VIRTUAL Instructional Academy – IM 6-12 Math
Workshop Dates: August 5 & 6, 2020
Workshop Times: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM CDT
Two-Day Introduction to the IM 6-12 Curriculum
During this two-day online event, participants will be guided by an IM Certified facilitator to gain first-hand experience and fluency with the IM curricula.
Participants will understand:
- the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component
- where to find teacher and student resources in the curriculum
- the purposes of different curriculum assessments and where to find opportunities for assessment
- how instructional supports and extensions are used throughout the curriculum
- the purpose of math content routines
- the purpose of math language routines and how the routines support mathematical language development
- a process for planning to teach a lesson in Unit 1 and how the activities in a lesson are connected to the learning goal
- the importance of norms in a problem-based classroom and considerations for establishing norms in the classroom
- Establishing routines
- Experiencing problem-based learning
- General curriculum overview
- Getting ready to teach Unit 1
Optional Add-on: Virtual Unit Overviews
(8 sessions per grade level – 2 hours per session)
Virtual unit overviews support teachers to make effective instructional decisions such as engaging students, effective questioning, pacing, formative assessment and differentiation, through making visible the big ideas and coherence within a unit, and how understanding the trajectory of learning goals across lesson supports effective planning. These trainings will be scheduled approximately once per month throughout the school year.
Cost: $600 per grade level
IM 6-8 VUO Dates:
- Unit 2 – September 21, 2020
- Unit 3 – October 21, 2020
- Unit 4 – December 1, 2020
- Unit 5 – January 7, 2021
- Unit 6 – February 10, 2021
- Unit 7 – March 16, 2021
- Unit 8 – April 15, 2021
- Unit 9 – May 12, 2021
IM 9-12 VUO Dates:
- Unit 2 – September 23, 2020
- Unit 3 – October 27, 2020
- Unit 4 – November 23, 2020
- Unit 5 – December 16, 2020
- Unit 6 – January 26, 2021
- Unit 7 Geometry – February 17, 2021 (Geometry only)
- Unit 7 – March 2, 2021 (Unit 8 for Geometry)
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $25. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a processing fee of $25. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
*Courses may not run if enrollment is less than 6 participants. In the case of low enrollment refunds will be issued.*
The deadline to register is August 3, 2020.
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***