Learning & Leading For Math Coaches (Coaching Part II)
October 7 @ 8:30 am - 3:00 pm$600.00
Are you a math coach looking for innovative ways to support teachers in the teaching and learning of mathematics?
Are you working to build capacity in mathematics instruction?
Part II in our coaching series, the Learning and Leading workshop explores ways to improve student learning in mathematics while supporting teachers as they make shifts in their classroom practice. The four day workshop is designed around a framework that coaches can use to create an environment that fosters teachers’ abilities to reflect upon and strengthen their teaching practices. Participants will develop the skills to build a professional learning community while enhancing the learning of each and every student.
Learn more about:
- Studying shifts in classroom practice and their impact on student understanding
- Examining teaching skills that support shifting classroom practices
- Supporting teachers implementing high-leverage teaching practices in mathematics
- Developing leadership skills necessary to support efforts to improve the teaching and learning of mathematics
Join us as we seek out strategies that support teachers and students as they move along the continuum of learning.
This workshop is designed for mathematics coaches with leadership responsibilities beyond the classroom.
Learning and Leading for Math Coaches (Coaching Part II)
- Monday, October 7, 2019
- Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Friday, March 13, 2020
Location: TBD – Waukesha, WI
Workshop Times: 8:30am – 3:00pm
Cost: $600 Includes light breakfast and lunch.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $25. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a processing fee of $25. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
This workshop will be capped at 32 participants. The deadline to register is September 30, 2019.
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***
Credit: This workshop is available for university credit through our partnership with the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
- This workshop will be offered for 2 or 3 graduate or undergraduate credits. Additional coursework will be provided based upon the credit option chosen.
- The cost per credit is $202 per undergraduate credit and $390 per graduate credit. (*pricing subject to change.)
Course Syllabus (Coming Soon)