Summer Institute: UW-Oshkosh
July 13 @ 8:00 am - July 16 @ 3:00 pm
Summer Institutes offer a unique extended format professional development experience. The courses are interactive, model best practices, and provide a learning community for teachers. Each Summer Institute course is designed to provide in-depth learning and exploration of a single domain or conceptual category. Participants have the opportunity to experience learning from the student lens with the support of highly-qualified facilitators. Come ready to roll-up your sleeves and find new tools and knowledge, and leave empowered to take your experiences back to the classroom!
Event Dates: July 13-16, 2020
Daily Schedule *coming soon*
Location: University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh
800 Algoma Blvd
Oshkosh, WI 54901
- K-2 Geometry and Spatial Reasoning
- 3-5 Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- 3-5 Number and Operations – Fractions
- 6-8 Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- $500 – Register by December 31, 2019
- $550 – January 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020
- $650 – Register after March 31, 2020
The cost to attend is per participant and includes breakfast and lunch.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a processing fee of $25. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a processing fee of $25. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
*Courses will not run if enrollment is less than 15 participants. In the case of low enrollment refunds will be issued.
The deadline to register is July 5, 2020.
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***
Lodging: We have made arrangements with the university to offer on campus lodging in their Gruenhagen dorms at a rate of $40/night. To reserve a room on campus call 920-424-1106.
Credit: This workshop is available for university credit through our partnership with the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
- This workshop will be offered for 2 or 3 graduate or undergraduate credits. Additional coursework will be provided based upon the credit option chosen.
- The cost per credit is $202 per undergraduate credit and $390 per graduate credit. (*pricing subject to change.)
Summer Institute Course Syllabus *coming soon*
If you have questions about course credit, please contact:
- Peggy Kuhnz, UWM Administrative Program Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org