The Math Institute offers wide variety of professional learning opportunities for educators and schools in Wisconsin. We do our best to explain our programming throughout the site, but sometimes you come up with great questions, and you know we have a soft spot for inquisitive minds. These are some of our most popular inquiries.
Math Institute has been very fortunate to have multiple schools/districts express interest in hosting an Institute.
If you are interested in hosting a Math Institute institute please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Please keep in mind the following requirements in order to be a host site.
- Building access from 7:00 A.M.–5:00 P.M. each day and Sunday afternoon for set-up.
- Up to 10 classrooms, an additional room for Math Institute headquarters, and an area for lunch.
- Adult tables and chairs in each classroom.
- Internet access in each room.
- Projection systems/Interactive whiteboards in each room.
- Document cameras in each room.
- Access to a copy machine for occasional use.
- Air conditioning in all rooms.
Location and access are also critical components in our selection process. It is important to select locations throughout the state in order to make the programming available to as many participants as possible.
An evaluation is underway to determine the priority of need, availability of writers, editors, and reviewers. We hope to continue to develop courses based on need and the Progressions as released. Currently, there are eleven courses, they are:
- Grades K–2, Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Grades K–2, Number and Operations in Base 10
- Grades 3–5, Operations and Algebraic Thinking
- Grades 3–5, Number and Operations – Fractions
- Grades 3-6, Geometric Shape and Measurement
- Grades 6–8, Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Grades 6–8, Expressions and Equations
- Grades 6–8, Statistics
- Grades 7-12, Geometry
- Grades 9–12, Statistics and Probability for All High School Mathematics Teachers
- Grades 8–12, Algebra and Functions with Modeling
Yes! The Math Institute can customize professional development to meet the needs of your teachers. Options include half days, full days, several days in a row or scattered throughout the year. We require 1 facilitator for every 20-30 teachers. Please contact Alyssa Holly for more information.
The Math Institute offers a wide variety of mathematics professional development opportunities. From customized professional development and coaching brought to your geographic location to 1- and 2-day content workshops, we have something for everyone involved in the teaching and learning of mathematics. Please visit our upcoming workshops to learn more. For more information about customized professional development opportunities please contact Alyssa Holly.
Our Summer Institute courses as well as many of our workshops are available for graduate or undergraduate credit through our partnership with the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Visit our course credit page to learn more.
There are no open positions at this time.
At the Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin we focus on improving the teaching and learning of mathematics for all educators across the state, regardless of the school they come from. We have had summer institute participants from both independent and charter schools. We can also customize our school specific professional development to support the mathematics work in any school.
Still want to know more? Additional questions may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.