We are proud to be a certified partner of Illustrative Mathematics(IM) professional learning. We offer a variety of professional learning opportunities that support educators, coaches, and administrators as they implement the IM curriculum.
IM 6-12 Math Professional Learning Events
During this curriculum launch event, participants will be guided by an IM Certified facilitator to gain first-hand experience and fluency with the IM 6-12 Math curricula.
- Describe the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component
- Locate teacher and student resources in the curriculum.
- Describe multiple opportunities for assessment and their purposes.
- Describe what instructional routines are and how they are used in the curriculum.
- Strengthen questioning strategies through planning.
- Describe how the math language routines provide options to support language development for all students.
- Locate resources and opportunities to support access for English learners and students with disabilities.
- Recognize the progression of understanding across the unit and how it is assessed.
- Describe a process that helps make visible the mathematical story during unit and lesson planning.
- Recognize classroom norms that make problem-based lessons successful.
Virtual unit overview participants collaborate with an IM Certified facilitator on an effective unit and lesson planning structure that focuses on the progression of understanding across the unit.
This 8-part series provides coaches with a deeper understanding of the structures and beliefs along with the core components and practices embedded in the IM 6–12 Math™ curriculum, supplemental materials, and professional learning for teachers.
Synthesis is a key part of a problem-based lesson. In the IM Curriculum, synthesis often happens through student discourse. Using samples of student work, explore ways to plan and structure synthesizing discussions based on students sharing their ideas.
Explore mathematical language routines (MLRs) that support the learning of mathematics and language development. MLRs in this session: Co-Craft Questions, Stronger and Clearer Each Time, and Collect and Display.
Take a deeper dive into the mathematical language routines that are embedded within the IM Math curriculum. MLRs in this session: Clarify, Critique, Correct; Information Gap; Compare and Connect.
Prerequisite: IM 6-12 Math: Enhancing Access with Math Language Routines Part I