IM 6-12 Math: Teach & Learn *Virtual*
August 2 @ 9:00 am - August 4 @ 11:15 am
How can educators implement IM Math, a problem-based curriculum, building towards a world where all learners know, use, and enjoy mathematics? This online implementation event is designed to get educators ready to teach and learn within problem-based classrooms where student thinking is front and center. This series gives educators first-hand experience with and confidence in using the IM Math curriculum.
- Describe an instructional routine and how instructional routines help students:
- play with mathematical ideas
- learn by collaborating with each other
- listen, respond to, and value each other’s thinking
- Prepare an instructional routine.
- Identify opportunities for students to learn mathematical ideas through the experience of solving problems.
- Describe the overarching design structure and the structure of a lesson and the purpose of each component.
- Describe norms that build a positive, inclusive mathematical community.
- Locate resources and opportunities to enhance access and challenge for students with disabilities and English learners.
- Explain the purposes of different assessments within the curriculum.
- Identify multiple opportunities for assessment within the curriculum.
- Recognize the progression of understanding across the unit and how it is assessed.
- Begin to plan a unit and a lesson using the progression of understanding; using student thinking to drive learning.
- Trust the curriculum.
- Describe how the curriculum supports mathematical language development for all students.
- Explain how to use activity-specific opportunities to enhance access students have to the mathematics by supporting them with the language demands of a specific activity.
- Describe how mathematical language routines are used throughout the curriculum to support students’ mathematical sense-making and communication.
Audience: Educators who have adopted IM 6-12 Math and are getting ready for implementing problem-based teaching and learning with IM.
**Due to the interactive nature of this virtual session and copyrights on the materials recordings are not available.**
IM 6-12 Math – Teach & Learn
Dates: August 2-4, 2022
- Session 1 (Grades 6-8) – August 2, 2022 – 9:00-11:15am CDT
- Session 1 (Grades 9-12) – August 2, 2022 – 12:45-3:00pm CDT
- Session 2 – August 3, 2022 – 9:00-11:15am CDT
- Session 3 – August 3, 2022 – 12:45-3:00pm CDT
- Session 4 – August 4, 2022 – 9:00 – 11:15am CDT
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 180 days prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made between 180 and 30 days of the event will receive a 50% refund minus a 10% processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made within 30 days of the event.
The deadline to register is July 29, 2022.
*Workshop may not run if enrollment is less than 15 participants. In the event of a cancellation due to low enrollment full refunds will be issued.*