IM 9-12 Math – Virtual Unit Overviews
September 16 @ 8:00 am - 3:15 pm
IM 9-12 Math – Year 1 Virtual Unit Overviews
Virtual unit overview participants collaborate with an IM Certified facilitator on an effective unit and lesson planning structure that focuses on the progression of understanding across the unit. Participants dive into one or two illustrative lessons in the grade-level unit, doing and discussing the math together, anticipating student thinking, and experiencing how the activity and lesson syntheses bring out the big ideas and connect to the goals of the lesson. Participants talk through how the concepts in a unit build on each other and connect to past and future work, dig into the mathematics of key lessons, and understand the big ideas that focus their learning goals, key concepts, and important connections. This supports teachers to plan their lessons more efficiently and keep on pace, as they understand where different skills and concepts fit into the big picture of the unit.
- Recognize the progression of understanding across the unit and how it is assessed.
- Identify how the mathematical content of this unit connects to previous and upcoming units.
- Meet unit-specific goals around planning and implementation.
Cost: $630 – $720 per grade
- Unit 2 – September 16, 2021
- Unit 3 – October 26, 2021
- Unit 4 – November 30, 2021
- Mathematical Modeling – December 16, 2021
- Unit 5 – January 12, 2022
- Unit 6 – February 24, 2022
- Unit 7 Geometry – March 22, 2022 (Geometry only)
- Unit 7 – April 13, 2022 (Unit 8 for Geometry)
Times: Dates & Times
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations made more than 48 hours prior to this event will receive a full refund minus a 10% processing fee. Cancellations made within 48 hours of this event are non-refundable.
*Courses will not run if enrollment is less than 6 participants. In the case of low enrollment refunds will be issued.
This workshop will be capped at 25 participants per grade. The deadline to register is September 10, 2021.
Need to register by check? Print the registration form in the link below and mail it with your payment.
Attn: Sherry Bucholtz Mathematics Institute of Wisconsin W233 N2080 Ridgeview Parkway Suite 100 Waukesha, WI 53188
***Please note that registration forms mailed without payment will not be processed until payment has been received. Registration is not complete until you have received your confirmation email.***